Day Two : Friday, 18th May 2018
8:00 am - 9:00 am Coffee and Registration
9:10 am - 9:50 am Culture: Case Study: Changing Culture To Enhance Innovation At iCareAmy Barouch, General Manager of Strategy,iCare
iCare has undergone some major changes over the last two years to aim to be the best in the world in terms of customer outcomes. iCare is focused completely on the customers needs and raising the bar to satisfy customers and keep one step ahead of the market. Amy has project managed the launch of their innovation lab, designed to experiment in innovation and not just work on continuous improvement, but disruptive technologies too. In this session, Amy will discuss the creation of Insuretech partnerships, cultivating human centre design capability, improving customer experience and how to create a culture that focuses on innovation all with the outcome of being focused on achieving customer outcomes.
- Understand the mindset being fostered to enhance product innovation
- Embrace an innovation mind set and learn from the healthy competition Fintechs and Insuretechs bring
- Understand the outcomes of their innovation labs and how to create an innovation lab that is actually successful in fostering innovation in people and product
9:50 am - 10:30 am Customer Engagement Back to Back: Rethinking Customer Engagement In Insurance Through AIA VitalityDeirdre Boyle, Head of Marketing and Digital,AIA Australia
AIA Vitality is a science-backed health and wellness program which provides members worldwide with the tools, inspiration and motivation to get healthy and stay healthy. Integrated into the insurance proposition it incentivises people for understanding and improving their health, offering AIA an engagement platform beyond insurance to build customer engagement and trust.
This session explores some of those strategies in greater detail, in AIA Vitality’s quest to bring life, health and wellness together to create more positive outcomes for customers, insurers and society.
- Creating a new way of thinking about insurance
- Explore the AIA Vitality case study, and some highlights of the journey so far
- Understand how to enhance engagement for improved customer experience and delight
Deirdre BoyleHead of Marketing and Digital
10:30 am - 11:00 am Morning Tea
11:00 am - 11:40 am Organisational Resilience and Dynamic Pricing of Insurance PoliciesAleksandar Kovacevic, Managing Director,Audeamus Risk
11:40 am - 12:20 pm Digital Transformation: Engaging Clients On Mobile: Increasing Personalisation On Digital Platforms And Touch Points To Improve Service And Create OpportunitiesMarc Fabris, Head of Digital,Zurich Financial Services
As part of an omnichannel strategy, clients want to be able to easily access information online. Over 40% of people obtain quotes on their mobile for insurance, and 70% of Millennials frequently use their mobile as a main information source. This session explores Zurichs’ personalised digital notification service for advisors, which uses data insights to provide information that is relevant and tailored to the client when they require it. Marc will discuss the foundation of the technology and how he is now improving it to reduce friction points, modernise the experience, improve the service and now taking it to the next level- creating opportunity based interaction.
- Creating meaningful digital and online moments with clients using data and personalised service, as over 72% of customers in Australia can be impacted negatively in interactions
- Understand the foundations to creating an online and mobile experience and understand how to take it from service based to opportunity based
- Deduce the lessons learned from Marc’s strategy and experience
Marc FabrisHead of Digital
Zurich Financial Services
12:20 pm - 1:20 pm Lunch
3:10 pm - 3:50 pm Transforming A Value Proposition With Data- Collect, Analyse and Capture A Customer ProfileBarry Leung, Head of Strategy and Actuarial Services, Defence Health
Insurance companies have immense amounts of data on customers, and around 40% of data is used in pricing, underwriting, and risk selection. This is due to jump to about 80% over the next two years, as insurers understand how this data can be useful in creating a digital strategy. This session helps you create a data-driven strategy that allows you to understand your customers wants and needs more thoroughly, with data you already have!
- Design a data roadmap: understanding what data can be used for customer insights
- Understand how to collect and consolidate data to be used in decision making on strategy
- Leverage the data to make decisions and add value for your customer, and create a personalised experience and product
- Consider how the data landscape may advance in the future, as the next generation of customers are more comfortable with the use of their data
Barry LeungHead of Strategy and Actuarial Services
3:50 pm - 4:30 pm Establishing And Expanding Cultural Change To Foster Innovation In A Digital InsurerChristy McCarthy, Head of Digital,World Nomads
Creating a culture of innovation is a major challenge in such a traditional industry, such as the insurance industry. However it is a necessity in order for firms to remain relevant in a fast changing digital environment. World Nomad’s was a start up and a major digital disrupter to the travel insurance industry 15 years ago. Now, they have kept their start up culture intact within their own departments, however they are attempting to expand this culture of innovation across the organisation and have come up against some major challenges. Christy is the leader of their cultural change strategy and experience, and shares some of her insights from the last 15 years and how they are changing culture now, particularly in relation to some of the more reluctant departments.
- Understand how to retain a start up culture and create a culture change strategy
- Taking a proactive approach to talent acquisition, retention and retraining
- Listen to Christy’s lessons learned and best practice in culture change from the last 13 years, and understand where she plans to head in the future
Christy McCarthyHead of Digital