Day One : Thursday, 17th May 2018
9:00 am - 9:10 am Opening Remarks for Chairperson
9:10 am - 9:50 am Discussing Allianz’s Digital Strategy To Deliver Growth and Drive ValueTim Cradock, Head of Strategy,Allianz
In this session, Tim will discuss some of the incredible leaps that Allianz has made in the digital space in response to disruptive technologies and changing customer expectations. Allianz have recognised that the insurance industry must develop a strong digital strategy to engage customers- and Tim has been actively involved in driving that strategy.
- Analyse Allianz’s digital strategy and how it fits with overall strategy
- Determine best practice and lessons learned
- Forecast the future of insurance and where Allianz’s is planning to go
Tim CradockHead of Strategy
9:50 am - 10:30 am Rethinking the Role of Private Health InsuranceMarc Miller, General Manager, Group Strategy and Innovation,Medibank
Medibank is pioneering a new frontier in healthcare to connect Medibank, customers and providers seamlessly. This connectivity is designed to improve the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare.
The session will:
· Outline the need for connectivity to payers, consumers and providers of healthcare
· Provide insight into the applications for this connectivity
· Describe Medibank’s approach to innovation at an organisational level
Marc MillerGeneral Manager, Group Strategy and Innovation
10:30 am - 11:00 am Networking
11:00 am - 11:30 am Morning Tea
12:10 pm - 12:50 pm Disruptors Spawning Disruptors: How the Rise of the Sharing Economy is Kick Starting a New Age of Insurance
12:50 pm - 1:50 pm Lunch
1:50 pm - 2:30 pm Managing Internal And External Processes In A Meaningful Way To Engage Your CustomerMirko Roettgers, Head of Digital Technology and Transformation,BussQ
BUSSQ has been implementing digital strategy organisation wide- not just across their superannuation but throughout their insurance and advice businesses too. In this session, Mirko discusses their digital platforms for the insurance market and highlights how they must understand the member to create a successful digital strategy.
- Examine how to use data to understand the customers needs and determine the trigger points to offer a customer a different product or service to provide them with the most information to make a choice
- Examine real metrics and best practice of BUSSQ who have implemented this technology and understand how it increases customer satisfaction
- Assess engagement and relevancy strategies for achieving long term goals and visions of online experience
Mirko RoettgersHead of Digital Technology and Transformation
2:30 pm - 3:10 pm Case Study: How To Use Customer Journey Mapping, Data And Text Analytics To Enhance A Customers’ ExperienceKate Williams, Head of Customer Strategy and Engagement,AHM
Insurers must understand their customer and their behaviour to satisfy their needs. However some insurers are still flying blind when it comes to building and prioritising a customer journey map because they cannot use the data they have. Kate has been leading the customer strategy and engagement at ahm Health Insurance and has made some major improvements over the past year to the customer journey map due to the use of customer behavioural data and analytics to improve customer experience and loyalty.
- Understand how to create a customer strategy that is data driven and led by customer behaviour
- Determine the building blocks of an effective customer journey map with clear priorities and narrow your focus
- Focus on reducing real pain points customers are affected by, ensure you understand the failure of demand and eliminate any disconnect your customer may experience
Kate WilliamsHead of Customer Strategy and Engagement
3:10 pm - 3:40 pm Afternoon Tea
3:40 pm - 4:20 pm Digital Development for Innovation: Understanding Where The Insurance Industry Is And Where We Are Going In 10 Years To Keep One Step Ahead
The Insurance industry is currently experiencing a once in a generation disruption with the advent and acceleration of technology. This has impacted the behaviours of customers, including the products they want, the way they want to engage and increased their expectations of what businesses can provide. This session aims to understand what is happening in the industry now, how it’s impacting insurers and how this change will continue to accelerate.
- Learn where the industry is at now- including benchmarking of where most insurance companies are in their journey to be ready for the future of insurance
- Understand the new market environment with the advent of technology such as driverless cars, IoT and connected homes and what this means for insurance products and customers
- Analyse the future landscape of insurance now and where value lies in the future
Culture And Innovation: Champagne Roundtable: Understanding How To Change Culture In A Traditional Industry